2010년 11월 14일 일요일

Apartment Plus Traditional House      





         These days, over 60 percent of the people live in apartment. Apartment looks very strong and solid so, it could keep privacy. However I think apartment is much weak to keep it. Because walls are so thin that we can hear someone plays piano or something loud sounds. There are many independent houses in a same building. So, it is much easier to be interrupted.
        

     
        
         On the other hand, people in the past really tried to keep their privacy.  First of all, they divided the interior with rooms and they made at least two buildings, Sarang-Chae, An-Chae, Hangrang-Chae. These are for separating. They made sections for men, women, and guests. There's an old saying that says a boy and a girl should not sit together after the age of seven. This practice dates from the Joseon Dynasty period. For this reason, people divided rooms, and this make room to keep privacy and hierarchy in a family. Moreover, in the past, there is a fence in each house. It keeps people inside from people outside's eyes.

        Comparing modern house and traditional house, you can find that people always concern about privacy problem. In my opinion, people today are very sensitive about their privacy, but it is much better to live in traditional house than in modern house.




        This picture is the basic formal form of the traditional house. Many people interest in traditional houses, new apartments and hotels that using traditional architecture are popping up in these days. You can find more information about that in this site. 




http://www.smpark.co.kr/vr/ra1/lagung_vr.html
------> This is guide video

http://navercast.naver.com/home/beforeandafter/524
http://navercast.naver.com/home/apt/1543

댓글 1개:

  1. I've lived in apartment since I was 5 years old. Life in apartment is very comfortable, but I'm often interrupted by noise when someone play the piano at night, fight, and run. Sometimes, I could hear someone sing songs in a bathroom. I'm totally agree with your blog. ^_^

    답글삭제